We’re about four months away from the Academy Awards and already Oscar buzz is starting to pick up with each passing day. While mostly everyone is invested in the six major categories, some of the smaller and lesser known categories are starting to whittle their way down to a list of finalists.
That’s the case today for the Best Live-Action Short category which has reduced it’s list of finalists down to 10 films hoping to secure the final five nomination slots. Each film has made waves in the festival circuit which is making it hard to predict which ones will end up being nominated this January.
Here’s the ten finalists still in the running for this year’s Best Live-Action Short Oscar:
- Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn’t Me) – Esteban Crespo, director (Producciones Africanauan)
- Avant Que De Tout Perdre (Just before Losing Everything) –Xavier Legrand, director, and Alexandre Gavras, producer (KG Productions)
- Dva (Two) — Mickey Nedimovic, director, and Henner Besuch, director of photography (Filoufilm Dani Barsch)
- Helium – Anders Walter, director, and Kim Magnusson, producer (M & M Productions)
- Kush – Shubhashish Bhutiani, director (Red Carpet Moving Pictures)
- Pitääkö Mun Kaikki Hoitaa? (Do I Have to Take Care of Everything?) – Selma Vilhunen, director, and Kirsikka Saari, screenwriter (Tuffi Films)
- Record/Play – Jesse Atlas, director, and Thom Fennessey, executive producer (Collaboration Factory)
- Throat Song – Miranda de Pencier, director (Northwood Productions)
- Tiger Boy – Gabriele Mainetti, director (Goon Films)
- The Voorman Problem – Mark Gill, director, and Baldwin Li, producer (Honlodge Productions)
The nominations for this year’s Oscars will be announce din January.