The 2014 BAFTA Awards are underway in England and the best of the best are being honored when it comes to films and filmmakers that made waves in 2013.
The category of Best Supporting Actress wasn’t an easy one to predict, but coming into the BAFTAs we had a good idea of who might emerge. Jennifer Lawrence has continued to climb he ladder of success and fame in Hollywood and she continues to pile up awards on her way there. She added the Best Supporting Actress BAFTA to her resume on Sunday night.
BAFTA 2014 — BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Sally Hawkins – Blue Jasmine as Ginger
- Jennifer Lawrence – American Hustle as Rosalyn Rosenfeld — WINNER
- Lupita Nyong’o – 12 Years a Slave as Patsey
- Julia Roberts – August: Osage County as Barbara Weston-Fordham
- Oprah Winfrey – The Butler as Gloria Gaines
Lawrence enters the Oscars a heavy favorite to win the award and pick up her second Academy Award. She’s far from a lock, but a Golden Globe and now a BAFTA seem to mean she’s the actress to beat in the race.
Want a bigger movie news and rumors fix? Subscribe to the FlickSided newsletter to get the latest news and rumors about your favorite TV show, movies and more sent right to your phone.